Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Much Needed Explanation

Guys. I haven't died. I have been really busy. And I can't believe I basically forgot about you. O.o I feel really, really bad about not posting here in so long. >_< I don't even want to see the last date I posted on here. It's probably been like what, six months or something? Yeah. To those of you who follow my other blog as well as this one, I'm sure you've gotten the updates on my insane life already, so you weren't worried. To those of you who DON'T...bless you for putting up with my accidental disappearance. I promise I wasn't carried off by aliens. 

You need an explanation.

And I have arrived to give you one. FINALLY.

There's a short answer, and a long one. Ready? ;P

The short answer is this: I have been busy. 

The long answer? Hoo boy. My life has flown by in the form of college classes, publishing "The Princess and I", finishing "Ocean Mist" and getting it out to beta-readers, getting a car and a babysitting job, working as sub secretary at our church, trying to get in five books a month (which I'm failing miserably at I know...) and writing 50,000 words during Camp NaNo as part of a brand new story. 

So now you can partially understand my abandonment of you all. :) It wasn't on purpose, and I miss you guys...I really do. Which is why I haven't given up on this blog quite yet. 

Here's the deal. With "The Princess and I" published, I won't be giving you any more snippets from that (because to be completely honest, I want you guys to BUY it now. ;) But I will give you the rest of "Ocean Mist" and start giving you a few sneak peeks into the story I'm working on currently. 

Because I'm actually getting my work published now, I don't want everything to be available online or none of my books will sell...so I'll probably switch from giving you guys complete chapters to weekly snippets. I'll also be adding some things like character interviews, pictures, and some of the inside scoop of what goes on behind the scenes. 

In other news, I HAVE started working on a sequel to "Ocean Mist", and it's going swimmingly (pun totally intended :P). Also, I have an idea for a sequel to "The Princess and I" which may surface sometime next year. 

With life and adulting finally catching up to me, we'll have to see how much time I can spend on here, but I plan to never leave you high n' dry for months at a time again. XD 

What do you guys think about the change in post style? Are you excited to hear some of the stuff going on in my head and what it takes to get a story out of my head and on to paper? Have y'all missed me as much as I missed you? :P 
Are you looking forward to hearing snippets from the sequel to "Ocean Mist" or the sequel to "The Princess and I" more? 

Ah, it's good to be back. :)

2 comments:

I love it when you comment, but please leave a name. Thank you! :)